Buy Glenn Fricker Northern Mauler here!
Ferocious, Frostbitten Tone
Say No To Boring Guitar Tone - The Northern Mauler seamlessly combines Revv’s boutique high gain & Swedish chainsaw mayhem in collaboration with award-winning metal engineer Glenn Fricker.
The Secret Sound Of Your Favorite Heavy Albums - Introduce some chaos by blending in a grimy, out of control sound that gives your tone character & makes it memorable.
The Complete Package - A punchy new voice of Revv high gain amp tone & Revv’s homage to the legendary HM-2* in one pedal.
Your Tone Your Way - Optimized for use with clean amps, high gain amps, power amps, & direct to interface with impulse responses.
Glenn Fricker is one of Revv’s earliest supporters & a lifelong opponent of stale, sterile guitar tone. Together, we set out to combine Revv’s trademark high gain tones with a sound inspired by the legendary HM-2*.
The Swedish chainsaw is the grimy, chaotic sound of metal’s most aggressive genres, but you can also mix it into your traditional high gain tone to add cut, character, & make your sound memorable.
One half of the Northern Mauler is a custom-tuned Revv high gain amp tone, & the other is our homage to the HM-2*. The blend knob gives you total control from 100% Amp Circuit, to 100% Chainsaw Circuit, & everything inbetween. Use a blend of the tones to transform your clean channel into a metal monster, boost your high gain amp with the Chainsaw Circuit, plug directly into a power amp, or use it with your recording interface & impulse responses.
Proudly Canadian, the Northern Mauler features a custom bear graphic, Glenn’s signature, & is designed to make it easy to inject some mayhem back into your metal.
- 2-in-1 distortion featuring Revv’s take on the legendary HM-2* & an all-new high gain amp-voiced circuit.
- Revv’s newest Signature Series pedal partners with fellow Canadian, Revv early-adopter, & metal engineer Glenn Fricker.
- Inspired by the iconic chainsaw sound of Swedish death metal & American. hardcore. A filthy, over-the-top, unforgettable sonic assault not for the faint of heart.
- Featuring a punchy new voice of Revv high gain amp tone custom-tuned for Glenn.
“Bite” & “Growl” control the Chainsaw Circuit’s treble & bass response.
- Treble, Mids, & Bass controls for the Amp Circuit.
- Blend control allows 100% Amp Circuit, 100% Chainsaw Circuit, or anything in between.
- Giv'r adjusts gain/saturation of both circuits simultaneously, & master Volume adjusts global output.
- Optimized for use with clean amps, high gain amps, power amps, & direct to interface with impulse responses.
- All-analog true bypass design powered by 9v 20mA (center negative external supply only).
- Compact double enclosure w/ top jacks.
- Gloss white finish w/ custom bear graphic & Glenn Fricker signature.
- L- 4.275”, W- 4.375”, H- 2”, 0.7lbs.
- Made in Canada.
- 2 year limited warranty upon registration.
- Manual, velvet bag, sticker, & more included in box.
"I've been wanting to mix the Swedish Chainsaw into modern metal tones for quite a while now. So I reached out to the guys at Revv, & after many months & many revisions, we've come up with The Northern Mauler. This combines the best of Revv's wonderful super-tight metal tones with the out-of-control nastiness of the Chainsaw... & the results are better than I could have hoped for! We even kept the labeling simple so even the bass players could use it!" -Glenn Fricker, Spectre Media Group
Buy Northern Mauler now. Or learn more here. Or check out some demos.
*THE WORDS BOSS, ROLAND, & HM-2 MAY BE REGISTERED TRADEMARKS. THE REVV AMPLIFICATION INC NORTHERN MAULER IS IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH OR ENDORSED BY BOSS, ROLAND, & HM-2.